Being involved in any sport activities has more than just physical benefit. It is a great way to build on academic and social skill as well. It is also beneficial in building the personal character of your child, while honing positive skills, and traits in them.
7 Benefits of Playing Sports
- Relives Stress – Its is a proven fact that physical activity is a great way to relieve stress, and reduce depression. Physical activity releases happy hormones in your body that helps maintain a healthy mind & body.
- *Discipline *– Sports help children develop discipline. They learn to set goals and work to achieve them.
- *Deal with Ups & Downs Better *– Children who play sports learn the ups and downs of winning and losing. Making them better equipped to handle other life situations with ease.
- Positive Body Image – Research suggests that children who play sports, especially girls have a positive body image and a higher self-esteem.
- *Teamwork & Leadership Skills *– Sports teaches students to work as a team to achieve their collective goals, as well as to lead the team when require. A single goal unites children to work in tandem with each other.
- *Enhances Motor Skills & Strategic Thinking *– Playing sports has been linked to better development of strategic thinking as children try to figure out the best way to play or score in a game.
- *Lifelong Health *– Participating in sport activities at a young age promotes health and wellness, and children are likely to carry on these habits lifelong. This also encourages a positive way of living, healthy eating choices, and an overall well being of a person.
So put on those shoes and head out for a game of your choice.