Mind mapping has helped students across the world to change the way they process information. A mind map is a visual map of ideas, laid out in a radial format around a central thought. To make a mind map for studying, simply take an important topic and then organize your notes, facts, and data around this point. The image below will give you a better understanding of the idea.
Benefits of Mind Maps* *
- Mind Maps have a visual appeal that emphasis to the information. It allows you to use creativity while developing a mind map, which further instills the information in you.
- Mind Maps pay emphasis on key elements of a topic, thus by noting down only key words, you save vital time while studying.
- Mind Maps allows you to generate simple ideas. This allows your brain to actively make links between ideas, and add connections. Thus mind maps allow for a streamline flow of information, and key words allow better recall of associated data.
- Mind Maps replicated the natural thinking process; this makes it easier for ideas to flow.
Mind Maps Application Area* *
Mind maps have been proven beneficial in various areas of studying, these include:
- Essay Writing
- Essay Planning
- Exam Preparation
- Creative Projects
- Problem Solving
- Group Study or Brainstorming
- Presentation Planning
Incorporating mind maps, as a study tool has been proven effective and fun. So if you find it hard staring at books trying to remember, understand, or memorize pages and pages of information, try this fun and creative tool of learning. It will make studying more productive, and learning more enjoyable.