A good nights sleep makes you feel refreshed, rested, and raring to go when you wake up in the morning. But there is more to sleep than just this. Sufficient amount of sleep is the key to a healthy lifestyle and a sound mind! A well-rested person is known to perform better and more efficiently. But if this was not enough for you to get a good nights rest, here are a few more reasons you’d want to consider:
1. Improves Memory – during sleep our mind is at work. It helps strengthen the memory of anything that we have learnt during the day. That’s why many students claim to completely remember study material the read just before going to sleep.
2. Enhances Creativity *– as mentioned above, during sleep the brain strengthens your memories. It also reorganizes and restructures, which can result in more creative ideas. Emotional components that are linked with creativity are also strengthened during sleep.
3. *Enhances Sport Performance *– any coach you will train under will put significant emphasis on sleep. As your performance in any physically activity is greatly dependent on the quality of your sleep. During training you are using a lot of your muscles, these muscles need quality sleep in order to repair themselves and be prepared to undergo training the next day. It is also during sleep that whatever new lessons you learnt will be ingrained*ingrained*
➤ (s) (used especially of ideas or principles) deeply rooted; firmly fixed or held
…by BeeDictionary.com in your muscle memory. 4. Improves Grades *– A 2010 study suggests that children between the ages of 10-16 who don’t get sufficient sleep are likely to have problems with learning, attention, and other functional impairments. This can affect the grades of your child at school.
5. *Sharpens Attention *– Research over the years has validated the fact that lack of sleep makes people disoriented. When you have slept well, the focus and attention span of your brain is greater than when you are tired. Thus when you have slept well you are able to retain greater amounts of information, capture details, and stay more vigilant*vigilant*
➤ (s) carefully observant or attentive; on the lookout for possible danger
…by BeeDictionary.com and attentive. 6. *Reduces Anxiety *– Any stress be it exams, assignments, social problems, or fights with friends your child will be better able to deal with these issues better after a good nights sleep. Furthermore some small issues might completely vanish during sleep, as a fresh mind will start afresh!
7. *Keeps You Happy *– A rested child is a happy child. And a happy child means less anxiety, less anger, more attention, and more energy. We all want our children to be happy and smiling.
So pay good attention to your child’s sleep patterns, as a good habit instilled at a young age will prove beneficial life long.