We humans tend to express ourselves through emotions; anger being one of them. It is completely normal to get angry when you are at the receiving end of any mistreatment. But extreme uncontrollable anger spirals can lead to grave repercussions. The important thing here is how you analyze the situation and deal with it without allowing your anger to overpower you.
Everyone has a different kind of temperament. Some are hot tempered while others are not. If you have a hot temper, it is not difficult to control it. Believe me, your mind has much capacity to control your anger than you think. You will have to work hard to learn the art of anger management but this is not impossible. Learning to express yourself without hurting the sentiments of others can have a positive impact on your own personality as well. This can be beneficial to you personally, academically and professionally.
Importance of Anger Management:
Anger is the main culprit that can have an adverse impact on your relationships, accelerate your regress and impair you of your ability to judge. Learn why learning the art of anger management is beneficial.
- Extreme anger can hamper your mental health. It can also cause depression, stress and other mental issues.
- Extreme anger can cause a lot of stress and tensions resulting in diabetes, heart diseases, high blood pressure, insomnia*insomnia*
➤ (n) an inability to sleep; chronic sleeplessness
…by BeeDictionary.com etc.
- Your academic journey can affected due to your frequent anger outbursts.
- Your career can be at stake due to your anger tantrums.
- Your personal relationships should never get affected due to your outbursts of anger.
Tips for Anger management*:*
- Figure out the main reason for your anger: Your personal challenges in controlling your anger, stress, hurt, disappointments, traumas, mistreatment etc. You need to understand and analyze the situation accordingly.
- Understand the warning signs and triggers of your anger: Try to understand how your body responds when you are angry. For instance: Trouble in focusing and concentration, headache, fast breathing, clenching jaws, pounding heart etc. Once you understand how your body reacts to your anger you can take necessary steps to control it.
- Learning the art of cooling down: You can deal with your anger by learning how to curb it. For instance: counting from 1 to 10, eating, taking deep breaths, exercise or walk.
- Try finding alternative healthy options to express your anger: Try to communicate in a respectful manner, try resolving the issues by adhering to constructive actions on your part. You can let go off certain instances. Learning to forgive people can also help in anger management.
Anger management can be learnt through classes or groups for anger management that help you in coping with the anger issues and excelling in academics and professional front.